Mark J. Seifert
Mark J. Seifert is a real estate and business litigator based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Drawing on his past experiences at a major international law firm and a leading California real estate firm, Mr. Seifert has handled a wide range of cases involving commercial lease disputes, inverse condemnation, quiet title, insurance, partnership and LLC disputes, contracts, business torts, antitrust, California’s Unfair Competition Law (Bus. & Prof. Code § 17200), construction defects, trade secrets, and employment disputes.
Mr. Seifert’s litigation experience includes first-chair trial and arbitration experience, dispositive motions, all forms of discovery, and settlement negotiations. He also has experience with a number of federal and state appellate matters.
- Representing owners and tenants of commercial property such as office towers, hotels, shopping centers, warehouses and industrial property, in a broad array of disputes including unlawful detainer actions (many of which have proceeded to judgment and eviction), maintenance and restoration disputes, and rent disputes.
- Representing several property owners and business owners in disputes with the City and County of San Francisco arising out of the City’s Central Subway Project.
- Representing property owners in title insurance and quiet title disputes.
- Representing companies in disputes with equipment vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Representing property owners in construction defect and design defect disputes.
- Defending Unfair Competition Law cases asserted by private plaintiffs and district attorneys.
Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Latham & Watkins LLP
Senior Judge Melvin Brunetti, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Judge Manuel Real, U.S. District Court, Central District of California
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
J.D., cum laude
Editor in Chief, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review
CALI Award in Environmental Law
Thurston Society Member
University of California, Berkeley
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Memberships, Recognition, Community
- Chair, Real Estate Litigation Subsection, California State Bar Real Property Section (2012-2016)
- Member, California State Bar Litigation Section
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation (2009 – 2013)
- U.C. Hastings College of the Law, Alumni Mentor
Contact the Seifert Law Firm Contact Us