Our Practice Areas
The Seifert Law firm has experience with the full range of litigation. This entails pre-litigation matters, pleadings, procedural and dispositive motions, written discovery, e-discovery, subpoenas, taking and defending depositions, expert witnesses, trials, appeals, and enforcement of judgments. The firm also is experienced with alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and binding arbitration.
The firm’s key practice areas include real estate litigation, business litigation, and landlord-tenant disputes.
Real Estate Litigation
The firm’s real estate litigation practice also extends to numerous other types of cases, such as disputes involving purchase and sale agreements, quiet title, title insurance, inverse condemnation, condominium/HOA, fraud, construction, liens, and other issues.
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Inverse condemnation and eminent domain (administrative proceedings and litigation)
- Fraud and negligent misrepresentation
- Quiet title
- Claims against title insurance polices
- Preliminary remedies (lis pendens, TROs, preliminary injunctions)
- Property damage
- Premises liability
- Types of property:
- Shopping malls and other retail
- Warehouse, industrial, R&D
The firm’s business litigation practice covers disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, unfair business practices (B&P Section 17200), business torts, antitrust, products liability, insurance, employment, trade secrets, partnership and LLC disputes, shareholder derivative actions, and other issues.
- Breach of contract
- Interference torts
- Unfair competition (B&P 17200)
- Insurance claims
- Partnership and LLC disputes
- Shareholder derivative actions
In the landlord-tenant arena, we handle unlawful detainer litigation, damages litigation, and arbitration arising out of disputes relating to rent, CAM charges, maintenance duties, restoration issues, agreed use provisions, exclusive use provisions, and other issues. We primarily represent landlords in cases involving commercial property, but we also have extensive experience representing tenants in such cases. In addition, we also handle residential landlord-tenant disputes in appropriate cases.
- Notices preparatory to eviction cases
- Evictions based on non-payment of rent
- Evictions based on breaches of non-monetary lease terms, nuisance, illegal activity, and unauthorized subletting
- Evictions based on expired leases
- Lawsuits for damages for breach of lease
- Lawsuits and arbitrations to determine rent or resolve CAM disputes
- Claims of wrongful eviction
Learn More About Our Experience View Attorney Profile